The NSW Department of Education has set guidelines to assist services with making enrolment decisions, in a way that seeks to allocate places to those in the greatest need.
PLC Sydney Preschool is required to give equal priority of access to the following groups:
- children who are at least 4 years old on or before the 31 July in that preschool year and not enrolled or registered at a school
- children who are at least 3 years old on or before the 31 July in that preschool year and/or from low income and Aboriginal families
- children with English Language needs
- children with disability and additional needs
- children who are at risk of significant harm (from a child protection perspective)
Having satisfied the requirements of the Commonwealth Priority of Access guidelines, determination of an offer of a place at the Preschool, will be allocated based on the following criteria:
- registered siblings and/or children of current PLC Sydney staff
- children or grandchildren of ex-students according to their initial date of registration
The remaining places are offered by the receipt date of the initial registration.
NB: There is no order of priority assigned to the list above, however priority must be given to the groups outlined above before any other groups, including non-equity three year olds.
All other enrolment offers at PLC Sydney Preschools are dependent upon the initial date of receipt of Waitlist Registration.